This organization assists the following individuals and groups that work directly and indirectly with gifted and other high achieving learners:
- public, private, separate school educators
- school administrators
- parents of gifted children
- home schooling associations
- community advocacy groups
- Ministry of Education - Consortium for Ontario Gifted
- Special Education Advisory Committees (SEAC)
- Association for Bright Children (ABC Ontario)
- teacher/parent councils
- Montessori educators
- after-school special programs directors
- teachers in teacher training facilities
- university educators
- teachers' associations & unions
- remedial learning & enrichment centres
- publishers of educational materials for gifted
- stores/businesses especially for teachers
- native & other ethnic schools educators & administrators
- educators in hospitals & in other specialized caregiving centres
- tutors and tutoring companies
EdGO also provides:
- a forum for the exchange of ideas, activities, learning opportunities, information, resources, and networking possibilities to those involved with gifted and other highly able students.
- high quality, education-related, professional development workshops and conferences in the areas of giftedness and high-level functioning.
Otto Schmidt is the owner and developer of this site. He is a gifted programming consultant in Toronto, Canada and has 40 years experience in the many areas of giftedness. His specialties are: creativity development, personal competency skills training, curriculum design, inventor training, and enrichment of the life and learning of educators and students.
He has worked with gifted children internationally and has designed gifted curriculum at several grade levels for an international language school.
See his book which is a summary of the skills he taught gifted children. Every parent and educator should have this "gifted program in a can". "Accent on Essential Life Skills"